Salmon & broccolini salad
Make me for lunch or dinner!
Download a PDF here
Be sure to share your creations. Tag us and use the hashtag #LiverLife
• 400g fresh salmon fillets (skin on or off)
• 2 cups 4 bean mix, canned, drained and rinsed
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• Juice 1 lemon
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 bunch broccolini (8 florets), chopped into 2-inch sized pieces
• 1 red capsicum, diced
• 2 tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
• 2 shallots, finely chopped
• 1 avocado, diced
1. Pan-fry the salmon fillets in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side until golden. Once cooked remove the salmon from the pan and set aside to rest.
2. Meanwhile, blanch the broccolini by covering in boiling water for 2-3 minutes and then draining and immediately running under cold water.
3. Combine the 4-bean mix, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, blanched broccolini, capsicum, half of the flaked almonds, shallots and avocado in a bowl and toss to combine well.
4. Divide the bean mixture between serving plates and top each plate with a fillet of salmon. Sprinkle with the remaining almonds. Serve and enjoy.
Serve and enjoy!
NUTRITION (PER SERVE)
Energy: 517 calories (2164kJ)
Fat: 32g (6g saturated)
Carbohydrate: 18g (7g sugar)
Content provided by our partners at The Healthy Eating Clinic