Asian chicken & noodle salad
Make me for lunch or dinner!
Download a PDF here
Be sure to share your creations. Tag us and use the hashtag #LiverLife
• 600g BBQ/roast chicken breast, shredded (using a pre-cooked chicken is super handy)
• 100g brown rice vermicelli noodles (dry weight)
• 40g dry-roasted cashews, crushed
• 1 Chinese cabbage (wombok), finely shredded
• 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
• 1 carrot, thinly sliced
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
• 1 cup snow peas, thinly sliced
• 1 bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
• 1 bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
• 2 shallots, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves of garlic
• pinch of salt
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp maple syrup
• 1/2 tsp chili flakes
• 2 tsp dijon mustard
1. To make the dressing: combine the oil, garlic, salt, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, chilli flakes and dijon mustard in a jar. Secure with the lid and shake vigorously until well combined. Set aside.
2. Combine the chopped vegetables: cabbage, capsicum, carrot, cucumber, snow peas, mint, coriander, and shallots in a large bowl and toss to combine.
3. Cook the noodles according to their package directions. Rinse thoroughly under hot water once they’ve been cooked. Using kitchen scissors or a knife cut the noodles into 1-2 inch long pieces.
4. Add the noodles and dressing to the salad and toss to coat.
5. Lay out the salad in a shallow serving dish. Top with shredded chicken and crushed
Serve and enjoy!
NUTRITION (PER SERVE)
Energy: 599 calories (2500kJ)
Fat: 22g (4g saturated)
Carbohydrate: 44g (14g sugar)
Content provided by our partners at The Healthy Eating Clinic